Thursday, May 31, 2007

Writing Across Borders

I found the video very interesting for a number of reasons. I work as a writing and pronunciation tutor at the English Language Institute on campus, so many of the issues raised and discussed in the video were not new to me. However, many feelings, intuitions, and experiences of mine were explicity and clearly enunciated in the video. I think this will prove useful as I attempt to help international students adjust to the U.S. academic writing style. Along the same lines, I found it very enlightening to hear more directly about the experiences of international students in the classroom. My interaction with students is oftentimes limited to discussion of an essay's grammar and organization. Hearing the tangible struggles of international students will, I believe, prove useful in providing the help and input on essays that international students are looking for when they come to me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home